I was recently nominated by Stuff in a Powder Puff for The Blogger Recognition Award!!! Thank you so much, Dee, for the ever-so-sweet nomination. Dee is relatively new to the blogosphere so please go check her out! She posts all about my favorite topics, makeup and beauty.
If you’re nominated for the award then congratulations! This means the nominator likes your blog and your work so they think you deserve recognition for it. Whether you’re a new blogger or you’ve been blogging for a while, anyone can be nominated.
Here are a few rules to follow if you’ve been nominated:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
I started my blog for a mix of reasons…mainly to serve as a journal and to showcase some of my passions in life. I’ve always loved scrapbooking, collages, photography, and art of all sorts. This is my first online attempt and current outlet for creative means. Along the way I have found a great community to belong to, which is a definite plus. I started my blog close to a year ago now and it has been quite the journey so far!
- Be kind to others. Unlike other forms of social media, something I have not come across within the blogging community is negativity. I like that. I don’t think I would do well with unnecessary meanness directed at my blog and certainly don’t set out to be mean to others.
- Be kind to yourself. I cringe when I see bloggers apologize for lack of posts. Life happens. Don’t be so hard on yourself if you don’t follow your schedule exactly or need to take a break. Sometimes the ideas are there, sometimes they are not. Sometimes I have time to blog, sometimes I do not. No apologies needed!
Beauty Blush, Beauty 412, Geekish Glitter, Immalady, Joy of Wine, Just Jess, Lalee Loves Beauty, Love and Water Girl, Lynne’s Recipe Trails, Marina Lee Beauty, The Red Lip Bitch, Simply Sorcha, Sunshine in September, Taylor Talks xo, The Urben Life