I grew up with a mom who loves peanut butter and married a man who is equally as obsessed. These bars are a quick, easy-to-bake treat for those who just can’t seem to get enough peanut butter in their lives and in their mouths!
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup peanut butter
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a glass 8×8 baking dish and set it aside.
- Combine the melted butter and light brown sugar. Add in the egg and vanilla extract. (I used my Kitchenaid, but a hand mixer would also work.)
- Mix in the peanut butter. Make sure all of the wet ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add in the salt and flour.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the greased baking dish. (The batter will be very thick, so it is important that you spread it out as flat as you possibly can otherwise they may turn out a little lumpy.)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool, cut into 9 bars, and ENJOY!
I used this Pyrex, which is one of my favorites. It’s nice to use the same dish to bake and transport treats in! I believe that baking should be fun, easy, and yummy. This recipe definitely fits that definition, XOXO.